Sunday 22 February 2015

MY BARGAIN BUY FROM SAINT LAURENT


I bet you never thought you would see the words "bargain" and "Saint Laurent in the same sentence, right?!" I have an obsession with handbags. There. I admitted it. Happy now? I should probably seek some sort of group therapy where we all sit around in a circle talking about our deep underlying problems that have led us all to be obsessed with handbags, but I'm much happier scrolling through Net-a-Porter creating my wish list. 

My wish list consists of a lot of handbags waaaaay outside my price range but a girl can dream. Over the last few years, Saint Laurent have really stepped up their game with the new creative director Hedi Slimane giving the brand a much more sophisticated look. I've had my eye on the Sac de Jour range for a while but at this stage in my life with my studies taking up any opportunity to earn some money, it's just not a realistic goal (first world problems much?)So poor little me sadly pushed the handbag to the back of my mind. 

It didn't take long for me to forget about anything Saint Laurent until a recent trip to Bicester Village. For those of you who don't know, Bicester Village is an outlet store in the UK based in Bicester, Oxford selling discounted designer products. Bicester Village is a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it. There are a lot of people who say that the products aren't as good or that there isn't anything worth buying and to an extent I do agree, but if you look hard enough you WILL find a gem; just like I did.

I wasn't planning to go into Saint Laurent but the prospect of getting my hair frizzy in the rain didn't seem particularly appealing so I went into the shop expecting to see all their wacky items that they must have pawned off to the outlet store because no one else wanted to buy it but boy was I in for a surprise. There in front of me was the Saint Laurent Belle De Jour Clutch!




It's extremely unusual to see such a classic item in an outlet store so I was expecting it to be mega expensive. I was in for a shock when I saw that it was a quarter of the price of a standard Saint Laurent clutch. Although it was an impulse buy, I got an extremely good deal for such an iconic piece and When I went back to the store the price of the clutch had gone up by a few hundred pounds so they definitely knew they were selling it for much cheaper than they should have. 

This clutch is such a classic staple item to have in your wardrobe and it's just one of those bags where you will use time and time again. It has enough space to fit all your essential items in and is durable enough to not have to worry about ruining it when you go on a night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment