Sunday 11 January 2015

CHRISTMAS IN PARIS - DAY TWO






Our second day in Paris also happened to fall on my birthday which is on Christmas Eve. Except for Christmas Day, it's probably the worst day you can have your birthday as everyone is too wrapped up in the holiday season to really do anything. I wouldn't consider myself as very "cultured" when it comes to museums however, I was desperate to visit the Musee du Louvre during our time in Paris. 
 The Musee du Louvre is the world's most visited museum and it's easy to see why. The architecture of the museum is absolutely breathtaking and so Parisian, especially the Louvre Pyramid. Even if you don't want to visit the museum, I'd advise you to come and visit the grounds and surrounding areas as it's such a beautiful part of Paris to spend a few hours in. Unfortunately, we didn't have much time to explore the surrounding areas because we arrived quite late so I definitely want to come back here the next time I'm in Paris.  



Off course the most famous attraction in the Louvre has to be the Mona Lisa. Word of advice, if you plan to visit this painting, make sure it's one of the first things that you do when you visit the museum. It was incredibly busy with a massive line going all the way to the back of the room and four security members trying to control the crowds.   


Luckily for me, I'm quite short and managed to sneak my way to the front pretty quickly. It seems that this generation is obsessed with the selfie craze so to my dissapointment, there were people everywhere with their selfie sticks trying to get the perfect shot with the Mona Lisa. I'm pretty lucky that I didn't get my head chopped off! Having said this, I must admit that I did take a sneaky selfie on my phone, but it just wasn't up to par with Beyonce and Jay-Z's























After spending a few hours in the museum, we made our way down to Carrousel du Louvre, an underground shopping centre adjacent to the museum where we spent a few hours shopping and relaxing before we headed back to the hotel. If you're a fan of L'occitane and happen to be in Paris, make sure to find a store as the prices are fairly cheap compared to the prices in England. 

Our original plan was to head back to Champs Elysees for my birthday dinner after having a rest in the hotel but we were both so shattered we decided to find somewhere a bit closer. We ended up in a pizzeria five minutes from the Eiffel Tower (not very Parisian, I know) where we took good advantage of Paris' cheap wine. 



Come back soon to see what I got up to on my third and final day in Paris! 







No comments:

Post a Comment